a lively faith community connecting across generations. Christians, in the Lutheran tradition, our faith is rooted in a belief of God as made known to us in Jesus Christ. We recognize our heritage, the best & toughest times in the world & our local story, and seek a good future.
We are people engaging everyday circles, our neighborhood and the world. We celebrate we’re forgiven, not perfect. Diversity is a gift. Acceptance is a baseline. Self-control is learned; respect for others too. Crafting safe space for all is life promoting. Fun is vital. We share what we have with others because we can. In the process we discover the best life for ourselves!
“Through worship, service and education we practice our faith, grow our relationship with God and experience God’s grace in our lives.” (ELCA) In Forest Hills since June 24, 1926; we see we have much to offer our Metropolitan Ave—Union Turnpike community now and in years ahead. Come & see… there’s space for you with people… of Grace.
· Outside Labyrinth (walking path) open dawn to dusk
· Community Theater Group: about three productions annually (open auditions); links to neighborhood youth drama club.
· Partners with various recovery groups; support meetings; local food security initiatives, and conservation efforts.
· Sunday worship at 10:30 -~11:45AM, Holy Communion weekly [Kids Word]
· Wednesday “Dinner Church,” late winter Lenten Season-soft start @ 6p/ Supper & Service: 6:30p to 8p.
· Festival Worship: Christmas Eve/Day; Ash Wed, Holy Thurs, Good Fri, Easter Vigil, Easter, Pentecost
See "What to Expect" for worship details; See "About Us" for neighborly links.